cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

pant sizing and exchanges

hello! so i just bought a pair of mens fjallraven vidda pro pants (46eu long)  and they are pretty darn snug in the waist/hips and crotch. i have a couple fluffy quarantine tummy pounds ill be shedding (hopefully) over the next few weeks or so but i dont think that this will help with the snug crotch issues. so unfortunately the website does not list the same pants in the next size up and so i dont expect to be able to walk into a store and be able to easily exchange them for the same pair/same color. so i guess my question is, do you think the next size up would be the goal i should be going for (if even in a different cut/style) ?? i guess im worried the next size up might be too big. i am a very thin, but tall guy, the legs are roomier than i prefer so i really dont want even bigger leg circumferences, if that makes sense. i dont have the widest stance nor stride and the large pant legs swishing against each other can get my tripped up. i know im way over thinking this, but to be fair, these are expensive pants for an important job and id like to get (mostly) what im looking for. thanks in advance for anything thoughts or help!  

0 Likes
1 Reply

@honeyb33 it sounds, from how you've described it, that this may not be quite the right pant for you. Likely the next size up will be too big in the ways you've described - waist and wide legs. Let us know what you'd like to use the pants for and we can likely make a few alternate suggestions that will fit differently; or drop by your local REI store (almost all have reopened) and you can try on some other styles and process your return in-store if needed.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.