cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Outdoor Help Needed for a School

Hi,

I am the director of a preschool that has moved outdoors in NJ with 90 children and 25 adults due to the pandemic. Local guidelines do not allow us to have tents but we can have canopies to reduce the exposure to weather. We've also built wooden dividers to sepaerate the pods of children---they tip over in the wind.

As we are first experiencing cooler temperatures and windy days, I realize that I need a better solution. We have been very fortunate that we've had a minimal amount of rain in the past month, but that will change very soon.

Being that this is your area of expertise, I'm wondering if I could speak with someone about best practices for outdoor groups in the northeast climate. If there were someone in the NY/NJ area, I'd be happy to pay for a site visit to assess our needs and to create a plan.

Thoughts?

Warmly,

Carol Paster

0 Likes
2 Replies

@iriscenter1 Thanks for the post and welcome to the community!

We are going to recommend that you reach out to our Princeton store or our Norwalk store to speak with their management teams about the specifics of how to best meet your needs. Their local expertise and experience should be able to help you with some ideas. While they won't be able to make a site visit, they can ask you questions and provide suggestions of seasonal appropriate gear for the Northeast. We have let them know you may be reaching out!

Additionally, when you are ready to make a purchase, we recommend connecting with our Corporate and Group Sales team to see if they can assist you further.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@iriscenter1 Hi iriscenter! Just to clarify, is your preschool to be outside all winter?

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes