cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Outdoor Activities For Families with Children (10 & 11 years old)

Hello,

I have a couple/few questions for an REI Employee.

I live in Fairbanks, Alaska.  

Question(s): How/Where does an individual (or family of 4) sign up for a membership? What does that actually mean - other than discounts on your trips/activities?

Do you have any kid-friendly - or family friendly - activities available? If so, what are the requirements for an 11 and 10 year old to participate or be signed up for these? Can a list be sent to me of said activities?

1 Reply

@SarahSA  Thanks for the question!

I work at the Fairbanks store! You are welcome to come into the store and purchase your membership if you would like. We have so many benefits to membership: 10% back on your full priced purchases at the end of the year in the form of a dividend, discounts on rentals and shop services, discounts on classes and workshops, member only coupons and bonus cards, and access to our member only garage sales, among many more. For a one time fee of $20 it is an amazing deal!

In terms of outdoor activities, we do have an occasional class that is catered towards families (map and compass, intro to camping, etc); you can sign up for REI Gearmail that will keep you updated on our workshop offerings. 

The good news is that our community has some tremendous outdoor opportunities for families! I highly recommend checking out the North Star Borough Trails Challenge as a great place to start. Feel free to swing by the store any time and ask for me and I'd be happy to continue the conversation. Thanks!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes