cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Older Kingdom 8 replacement tent pole specs - tent pole technologies site contains trojan virus

I have the older Kingdom 8 tent (about 10 years old).  Several tent poles were recently bowed from a vicious wind storm.  I found a reference to "Tent Pole Technologies" in another post, but when I attempted to visit the site, my security software indicated the site was infected with a trojan virus and dangerous to visit.  Can you give me precise details on pole dimensions such as 11.1 (?) mm OD, ID so I can get poles from another source?  Please let me know when Tent Pole Technologies get their trojan virus problems eliminated.

4 Replies

Older Kingdom 8 replacement tent pole specs - tent pole technologies site contains trojan virus

@ksandersen Thanks for reaching out!

I was just on the Tentpole Technologies website without any issues regarding security. If you would prefer you can give them a call at 360-260-9527 and they can assist you in that way. I hope this helps, thanks!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

John, thanks for the tentpole technologies number, I will contact them by phone.  As a former IT security expert I would suggest In the meantime you may want to have your IT department check for Trojan Viruses on your systems.  I am attaching some screen shots showing the virus warning that I get on my personal PC. 

Tentpole 2.jpg

@ksandersen thanks so much for the follow-up!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I just went to the site www.tentpoletechnologies.com from my work PC without issue.  Being as my company is very paranoid about security issues, and have seen things pop up in the past, it seems this has either been corrected, or was a false positive that you got there.

0 Likes