cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

Novara Afterburner: how to find information on REI product recalls?

How do I determine if my Novara Afterburner is part of the recall? I have no idea when it was purchased.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi @Tom3 - Thanks for reaching out. 

Our Product Safety and Recalls page is a good place to start for finding more information on which products are effected. If the recall is older than what is listed on that page, the Consumer Product Safety Commission keeps records of those recalls and their details.

The Novara Afterburner's CPSC report can be found here: Novara Afterburner Trailer Bikes recall. This includes more details for determining whether or not your trailer bike is effected.

If you need helping finding the purchase date of your bike trailer, you are always welcome to reach out to our Customer Support Team, who will be able to help you determine the date of your purchase and how to proceed. They can be contacted at 1 (800) 426-4840 or via Live Chat

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thank you. My wife found out that the recalled ones had a black lever at the attachment point, the replacement was silver. Ours is silver, so it appears to be no issues.