cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Native Eyewear --Beware! Struggles with replacement parts

I have purchased three pairs of Native Eyewear sunglasses from REI since 2017. Love them, but tried to order replacement parts and the company is non-responsive. An automated response sends me to a website called "luxotica," but they do not list Native Eyewear as one of their supported companies.

Very frustrating to have $100+ glasses that need parts (notepads, lens....)

Anyone else had this problem?

52 Replies

Would you have a pair of distiller sunglasses by negative? I need a right side earpiece as I broke mine the other day.

image.jpg

0 Likes

@bsmithrocks

Thanks for reaching out, although we are sorry that it is because your sunglasses have broken.

We do not have any pairs of the Native Distiller Sunglasses, nor do we have any replacement parts available. Your best bet is to follow the instructions contained in this thread:

"We encourage you to read through the 6th response on the second page, and 9th response on the 3rd page. Those two responses contain all the detail we have regarding Native Sunglasses and the limited warranty offered by Luxottica. Luxottica is not currently offering replacement parts for Native Sunglasses, only the option of replacing your sunglasses if they qualify under their warranty. If your sunglasses were purchased at REI within the last year, then they would still be covered under our return policy. We encourage you to speak with one of our customer service representatives, either at your local REI store or our sales and customer service team at 1-800-426-4840."

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

The problem still exists. I need new nose pieces for my three pairs of Navtive sunglasses. I was going to go on line to purchase this past weekend. I got directed to Luxotica and they are 100% worthless. I felt like a gerbal in a treadmill. Their emails direct you to their website which does not allow you to purchase Native parts. When I got on chat with a customer service agent she told me to fill out a warrenty claim which wanted receipts and photos. I ended up calling Native and got to speak to a wonderful CS agent by indicating I wanted to purchase new product. She is working to get me the replacement parts or replacement glasses (why sell me replacement parts when you can give me all new glasses). 

Too bad a wonderful company is going down the tube. Sad to see

0 Likes