cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Native Eyewear --Beware! Struggles with replacement parts

I have purchased three pairs of Native Eyewear sunglasses from REI since 2017. Love them, but tried to order replacement parts and the company is non-responsive. An automated response sends me to a website called "luxotica," but they do not list Native Eyewear as one of their supported companies.

Very frustrating to have $100+ glasses that need parts (notepads, lens....)

Anyone else had this problem?

48 Replies

Sad. I won't buy a pair of Native's either. The nosepiece fell off and replacing it via the website is basically an exercise in madness. Has anyone found a generic nose piece that can be glued or impaled onto the metal bracket? Im bummed that what seems like a perfectly good piece of equipment is not usable right now because of this...and what an environmentally unfriendly policy. One small, piece is missing so throw the whole thing away?

I also was a huge fan of Native and I had ordered replacement parts previously. It was easy.  I actually got to this board because I was looking for parts again. I’m saddened that they were also swallowed up by Luxotica . That company also ruined Ray Ban IMO.

I am with you.  I need replacement nose pads, emailed the company, and only received the automated response e-mail saying that we received your e-mail.

0 Likes

A "fix" for those of you missing nose-pieces:

I bought a generic replacement for MauiJim's sunglasses that slide over a post on Amazon. So far, so good. Not exactly the same fit, but it works. I will probably add a touch of super glue to make sure they stay put.

Beware of buying native eyewear from REI. I have a pair of sunglasses and the nose piece fell off.

Impossible to get replaced

REI was unable to resolve except to tell me to contact native eyewear, so i did, the only prompt on the recorded message was to send me to the parent company Luxottica, the parent company, went to their website to get part, they support all their brands EXCEPT Native.

you have been warned

0 Likes

Weren't you able to return the defective item for a full refund?  I have been able to do that with the very rare defective or unsatisfactory items I have purchased.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

@brt  

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue with your Native sunglasses. Please take a look at this conversation we had with another user experiencing the issue as well: Native Eyewear --Beware! Struggles with replacement parts. . It might shed a little light on the situation and know we have sent the feedback to our team who manages vendor partnerships.

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Native Sunglasses Dash XP/ Iron

I've purchased 4 pair of these sunglasses from REI over the years. (2 in the last year). I lost one lens while skiing and just need a replacement. There is a lengthy thread already concerning the fact that there are zero resources for customer support. From what I can ascertain, Native was purchased by Luxottica. When you call them, they text you with customer service instructions: create an account, log in, choose the sunglasses, etc. THEN THEY DO NOT LIST "NATIVE" AS A CHOICE. It is literally as if these sunglasses do not exist. I bought them at REI less than a year ago. How can I get a replacement lens? 

A loyal REI customer frustrated here.

@thatstrongwoman 

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate your frustration regarding your sunglasses. We encourage you to read through this thread again, particularly the two lengthy responses posted by me: as it is a lengthy thread they are the 6th response on the second page, and 9th response on the 3rd page. Those two responses contain all the detail we have regarding Native Sunglasses and the limited warranty offered by Luxottica. Luxottica is not currently offering replacement parts for Native Sunglasses, only the option of replacing your sunglasses if they qualify under their warranty.

If your sunglasses were purchased at REI within the last year, then they would still be covered under our return policy. We encourage you to speak with one of our customer service representatives, either at your local REI store or our sales and customer service team at 1-800-426-4840.

Thank you.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

I have the same problem.  I own a few pairs of native sunglasses and have had excellent customer service up till now.  Whoever this Luxottica company is, I’m not impressed. I sent them an email and they told me they can’t sell replacement parts but I can do a warranty claim, but that doesn’t work for me because my style of sunglasses are discontinued and I don’t want to change to a different ‘similar’ style. I just want some darn rubber nose pads !!! 

0 Likes