cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Mizu 360 Purifier

Hello!  I found this product under a search of the REI.com site for "water purifiers".  The technology used, described as "24 pleat nano-technology", is different from every other purifier or filter on the site. 

I went to Mizu's website, read their comments, then went to site of the filter medium's manufacturer, Ahlstrom Munksjo.  They named their personal water filter product "Disruptor".  According to the website: "Its electro-positive wet-laid nonwoven technology, with a pore size of 1.2 - 1.5 microns, captures very small diameter substances and pathogens, removing larger particles mechanically."

The technology is unlike ceramic or hollow fiber filters and seems revolutionary.  My question is: is it a better mouse-trap? i.e. is this too good to be true?  I appreciate any information you can share about the technology and its efficacy and longevity.

Thanks,

Jim H.

1 Reply

@Former community member Thanks for reaching out!

I wanted to let you know I have reached out to our buyers to get some more information for you. I will follow up as soon as I hear back from them so stand by. It seems like you've done a good amount of research online, however I found this video that might be of interest if you haven't seen it yet. Thanks for the question and I'll get back to you soon!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes