Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Men's rocker shoe

  •  Orthopedic foot doctor recommended rocker shoe for arthritis,fallen arch.  Tried MBT but painful. Wearing a boot which does great. Doctor also recommended HOKA.  For an 80 year old needing arch support which shoe should I buy from you giving good arch support for walking.
1 Reply

@Rayspangler Thanks for reaching out!

We can't speak to the recommendations your doctor has made as they will be the best to diagnose and treat your particular issue, however, we can talk about the HOKA's we carry and what features and benefits they offer. A HOKA we carry that offers support is the Gaviota 2 Road Running Shoe and is designed with midfoot (arch) stability in mind. After that, the Bondi 6 and Clifton 6 would worth considering. The Bondi 6 is a road running shoe that will give you a lot of cushion, while the Clifton 6 is a trail oriented shoe and thus a bit more rigid for stability.

We recommend heading in to your local REI Store to try shoes on for fit and comfort. While in store you can connect with a footwear expert and get any further questions answered. As always, make sure you check with your doctor with any questions or issues you are having.

I hope this helps, thanks!


At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.