cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Marmot Featherless Jacket

I'm looking for an affordable, warm, packable puffy jacket that I could use for backpacking, camping, climbing, and hiking. 

The Marmot Featherless jackets look interesting to me. I've seen various models out there (Featherless Jacket, Avant Featherless Jacket, Solus Featherless Jacket), and can't find much info about the differences between each of these models.Can someone help delinate the differences between these?

I'm also open to other brands/models of packable insulated puffy jackets!

1 Reply

Hey @selena!

John checking in here again!

The main difference between the line of Marmot Featherless jackets that you are looking at is the amount of insulation in each as well as features such as hoods, the quilting of the jacket and how the baffles are arranged, pockets, style, and other materials used (such as the 'hybrid' version of the jacket). You are definitely on the right track with the featherless lineup if you're looking for a lightweight, insulated, packable jacket. There are many options to choose from and there are lots of different features and benefits to each. One thing I always look for is whether the insulated jacket I have will fit under my rain jacket so I can create and insulated/waterproof system for colder temperatures.

I hope this helps, thanks!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes