cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

Manufacturer warranty question

I bought a pair of Salomon 4 HD hiking boots 15 months ago. I like them a lot, but they are coming apart near where the sole meets the boot. I took them in to the store today and was refused a replacement because it’s past the one year.  They told me to go to Salomon. Well, the Solomon warranty is for two years. Their warranty clearly states I should bring them back to the store where purchased.  So I’m running in circles!

whats the best way to get this resolved??

0 Likes
4 Replies

@BDingman 

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the community. We are sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Salomon boots. Both REI's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee (1 year from purchase) and Salomon's Warranty (2 years from purchase) do not cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper user or accidents. If you believe that your boots have a 'manufacturing or material defect' (per Salomon's website), you can submit a claim with Salomon on their Footwear Warranty page here. They will take your information and make a determination if the Salomon warranty can be put into play or not. If your boots do fall under their warranty, they will provide information about how to take next steps.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks. They are defective for sure, I’ll submit with photos and see what happens. 

0 Likes

I wanted to follow up on this.    I contacted Salomon and they were fantastic about the return.  Clearly manufacturer defect and they gave me a credit to replace.  It looks like the design of this boot has changed, so I got the newer version with Gortex.  Hopefully that takes care of the issue - I'm guessing I'm not the only one with the problem. Thanks for the help. 

0 Likes

@BDingman thanks so much for circling back with the update! Definitely helpful information for other folks, and we're glad to hear you were able to get resolution (and new boots)!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes