cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for recommendations for Vented Hiking Pants

My favorite hiking pants [Sportif – Gage] have zippered vents that extend from 4" above the cuff to midway up the thigh.  These vents are 22" long.  Simply adjusting the position of the zippers regulates my temperature during the course of the day.  This can be done without stopping or even interrupting my stride.  This is far more efficient & convenient than hiking pants that convert to shorts.  Please recommend candidate products that meet the needs I have expressed.  Many thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply

@BWC Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, REI does not carry any pants that have a zippered vent like the one you have described. We do carry a few lightweight hiking pants that feature different options for venting that may work for you: 

• Kuhl Konfidant Air Pants. These pants have 9 vented pockets, vents behind the knees, and a vent in the gusseted crotch. 
  • ExOfficio BugsAway SandFly Pants. Sizes are very limited, but this pant offers a full inseam gusset made of mesh for venting. It may give you an idea for another brand to look at.
  • REI Co-op Screeline Pants. These are out of stock at the moment but will be returning to stock in the next couple of months. They also feature a mesh inseam gusset panel.

Hopefully this helps in your search!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes