cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for advice on longer Men's down jackets/coats

Hello!  I am looking to buy a down coat for my husband.  I see that neither you nor anyone else sells long down coats for me any more, which is such a disappointment to us.  However, we shall make the best of things.

Please tell me which of the down jackets (both have "fur" around their hoods) available is the longest in the body. Thanks!

Best,

Sue

P.S.  I have a winter clearance coupon, but it looks like I cannot use it toward this item, correct?

0 Likes
2 Replies

@susanehh Thanks for reaching out!

We have a couple of suggestions of down jackets for your husband. We would also like to clarify that you are looking for a jacket with fur around the hood? If so, we have a couple of good options:

If the coupon you are referring to is the REI-Outlet 25% off coupon then you are correct; it is only applicable to items being sold on our outlet site. That coupon would not apply to these parkas.

Lastly, here are some options of longer down parkas for women if you are interested in taking a look.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@susanehh 

If you're looking for a longer down parka that does not have fur on the hood, here are two options:

The Patagonia parka has the advantage of separating the inner, down jacket from the outer shell, which will give you a little more versatility out of your jacket. However, it appears as though the inner jacket does not go down all the way to the bottom (only to the hips), so you would likely be sacrificing some warmth.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes