cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for advice for buying a kayak paddle.

Hi,

I'm interested in buying a paddle.  I don't have a kayak yet but I know that I want to get the pongo 120 or something similar.  I thought I would start with the paddle first.  I was wondering if you have the opportunity to try out paddles before purchasing them.  I'm thinking a bent shaft would be good for me but I have never tried one.

Thanks,

Karyn

0 Likes
1 Reply

Looking for advice for buying a kayak paddle.

Hi @KarynF14. A paddle is definitely an important purchase. Here is a great REI Expert Advice article about  How to choose the right paddle

There are several measurements you will need to take into consideration, one being the width of the boat. So, you may want to reconsider and purchase the boat first...unless the boats that you are most interested in both have similar widths. 

If your local REI location has the paddle you are most interested in, you can head to the store and try it out at the store but we don't have a program where you can try out a paddle on the water. If your local REI location doesn't have the exact paddle you want, someone there should help guide you in making the right decision! 

Best of luck on finding the perfect paddle for yourself! Hope you get out on the water soon!  

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.