cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for a recommendation of a mid-layer jacket that will zip in to my hardshell.

I'm looking to buy a replacement layer to zip into my waterproof shell. I had used an old Columbia fleece that I took from my long tossed 3-in-1, but it's finally time to throw that away too.The Shell is 3-in-1 compatible. I'd like to use the shell as a winter coat this year. Can anyone recommend a good zip in layer? 

0 Likes
1 Reply

@theheddyg Thanks for reaching out!

We have several options that should work for you as a zip-in layer for your 3-in-1 jacket. What you are really looking for is a mid-layer jacket that uses the wide-toothed YKK zipper (it's pretty recognizable if you zoom in on a photo). If it includes that style of zipper (sometimes just labelled 'zip in compatible') then you should have no problem getting them to connect. One thing you'll want to bear in mind though is that different brands may have different lengths of zippers, which isn't a huge deal but might look a bit odd if one end overlaps the other slightly. What is the brand of the shell that you have? Typically brands will maintain their zipper lengths across their jackets. Here are a couple of options for you to check out:

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes