cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Large Hiking Boot Recommendations

I have size 13 - 14 feet with a low arch.  When I buy New Balance gym shoes I take width EEEE (they go D, EE and EEEE).  The boots I have right now are Meindl size 13.  While they are good boots they are just not wide enough, especially in the toe box, and they are a bit tight length-wise as well.  What recommendations can you make for a boot that will fit me better and will come up over my ankle?

0 Likes
1 Reply

@RonWF 

Thanks for reaching out!

4E is a pretty challenging size to find in a hiking boot. We have some boots that come in wide (linked below) but none of them will be a 4E width. Additionally, it can be tough to do a proper assessment of your foot here in the community. That being said, we have had several other threads here in the community that may be worth checking out:

Additionally, you may want to consider a virtual outfitting appointment with one of our boot fitting experts. They can talk through some of your specific needs and make some recommendations based on that information. In the meantime, here are some options of boots that we carry that may work for your needs:

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes