cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Kudos to my local REI in Timonium, MD

Hey Community members and REI staff!

The category of "Ask an REI Employee" is a bit of a misnomer, as I am not asking any questions, but wanted to share with everyone an exceptional level of customer service provided to me by the Timonium REI.

A few days ago I purchased a rain jacket for my daughter from the in-store Garage.  It was a new, overstock of a discontinued version of the Outdoor Research Helium II.  The original retail price was $159, marked down to $75.

Just 2 days after that purchase, I received the email announcing the "up to 70% off" Clearance Sale, and, what do I see on the Outlet page but the EXACT same model, size and color jacket at only $46.

Knowing that Garage sales are final, I took a chance and called the store and spoke with the manager, Aaron, who immediately stepped up and agreed to credit me the difference.  I then spoke with Anna in Customer Service who quickly handled the credit and emailed me the receipt.

So, aside from the expertise and product selection, THIS is what keeps me a loyal and dedicated REI Co-op member and customer who keeps coming back and recommending REI to friends and family.

Hat's off to Aaron and Anna at the REI Timonium location!  They both exhibit the best in what REI has to offer and should be commended.

THANK YOU!!! 

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
1 Reply

@Rob6 

Thank you so much for coming to us with your kudos! We have passed your message along to recognize the good work of our Timonium team. 

Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes