cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Kits to Clean 3L Hydrapack Bladder?

I purchased the REI Trail Hydro 30L Hydration Pack (3L) Women's backpack. It worked well for my recent trip to Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Antelope Canyon, Arches and Canyonland. However, I need to know which specific hydropack cleaning kits work best for it. The bag is longer than many cleaning frames accommodate, but the bigger issue is that since the tube and bite valve don't disconnect, a longer tube brush-line is also needed. REI's responses to this question on other media  reference a general article on how to clean a water bladder - they do NOT answer their user's actual questions. Any help will be appreciated!

0 Likes
3 Replies

@CarolD 

Thanks for reaching out!

We're glad to hear that your backpack is working well for you! The water bladder that is contained in the REI Trail Hydro 30L Hydration Pack is made by Hydrapak. They have a cleaning kit designed for their water bladders called the Hydration Bladder Cleaning Kit that has a 36" tube brush that should get the job done for you. Unfortunately, we do not have that kit available to purchase from REI, however, it looks like it is available directly from Hydrapak.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thank you! Honestly, based on my experience with other retailers, I didn't really expect a response, and certainly not so quickly!

REI rocks!!!

Thank you!

@CarolD 

You’re welcome! We’re happy to help. Thank you for being a member or our co-op!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes