cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Kenda k-1024 tires for cty 1.1

Hello,

I have the CTY1.1. I like the stock tires (kenda k-1024 according to the listing), but it seems I cannot buy a replacement for them from REI, nor from kenda, they seem to be discontinued? is there a way to purchase or a recommended replacement?

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies

@darrianmoskowitz 

Thanks for reaching out!

We're glad to hear that you enjoy the tires that came with your bike. If you're looking to replace them, you'll want to look for a tire with similar dimensions, that is, 700c x 40 mm. Here are the options REI offers in that size. It looks like the DONNELLY X'Plor MSO Foldable bike tire is the most similar to the Kenda tires you have on your CTY 1.1, however, it is a bit more knobby to give better traction on gravel and non-paved surfaces. Another option would be to stop by your local REI bike shop and speak with a bike tech about what other tires may be available either in store or to order. It is important to remember that there are significant manufacturing shortages and shipping delays happening, particularly in cycling, so options are somewhat limited at this time.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hi John,

Thanks! I just wanted to get a spare tire in the event of a flat. Would I then have to replace both tires in this case if they will not match? Is there no way to get the same tire?

0 Likes

@darrianmoskowitz 

Thanks for the follow up questions!

If you're concerned about getting flat, you may just need a spare tube (like this Co-op Cycles Presta Tube 700x35-43), not necessarily an entire new tire. This would depend on the kind of flat you get (i.e. a pinch flat or a puncture flat) and how bad the hole is in your tire. Most of the time a flat tire can be remedied with a new tube or a patch kit. If you're interested, you can read more about these steps in these Expert Advice articles How to Fix a Flat Bike Tire and How to Patch a Bike Tube.

At this time we do not have the same tire available for purchase from REI.com. Your best bet is to connect with your local REI bike shop and talk through your options with them.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes