cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Kahtoola Instagaiters - replacement instep strap?

I have really enjoyed the Kahtoola INSTAgaiters.  I've put enough miles on them that one of the red plastic underfoot parts has broken.  The gaiters are designed that this part is replaceable.  Do you sell it at REI?  I can't find it on the site?

0 Likes
3 Replies

@RedTail thanks for reaching out about a replacement instep strap (and glad to hear you really like your Kahtoola gaiters!). Unfortunately, we do not sell the replacement straps, however you can find them here on Kahtoola's website. Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

If only it were that simple.  Please go to that link you shared and click on Order (any combination of long/short red/black).  They are unavailable, and have been for 3-4 months.  I've called Kahtoola's and emailed their support.  Crickets.  I'm asking REI b/c you might know something I don't, or have back stock.  At minimum you could stop selling products this vendor is not supporting (unfortunately an unsupported product can not also be a great product 😞 ).

0 Likes

@RedTail oh no, we're so sorry that the link we provided does not actually allow you to purchase the insole straps from Kahtoola; unfortunately, many vendors (and retailers) have been struggling with inventory shortages over the last few months. We appreciate the additional note and will let our buyers know of the frustration this inventory constraint is causing. If we learn of any additional information, we will certainly circle back.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes