cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Issues viewing parts of the conversations website.

I've had issues with the website for a long time now, and it's getting pretty frustrating. My original problem seems to have been resolved (getting nothing but titles in posts, then after that "this widget cannot be displayed"), but I have other issues now.

Here's my new problem(s). If someone posts a picture, I can't see it. Just blank space. I'd love to see the pictures of other's REI gear, and *sometimes* I can, but only if I go to their profile and scan through their pictures. Also, if someone is tagged in a post, I can't see their name, just a blank, so I have no idea who got tagged, just that *someone* got tagged. 

For reference, I'm on a windows 10 pc, using Brave browser. I don't seem to have any issues with other sites, just this one. I've tried turning off the Brave "shields", but it makes no difference.

Any advice?

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Hey there @SILHiker,

We're sorry to hear that you're having these issues with the website. We'll run your feedback over to our IT team and see if they have any advice. In the meantime, have you recently cleared your cookies? While we haven't heard of this specific problem before, sometimes clearing your cache takes care of issues like this.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Clearing cookies didn't help... but I'll try anything!!

Also, isn't it weird that I also can't see the posted photos on my Iphone7? That's just kinda bizarre to me. Maybe it's actually something with my account? I have no idea, just throwing that out there. I'm using the brave browser on my phone too...hmmmmmm......

0 Likes

OK, on the thought that it might be my browser, since i'm having the same problem on my phone and pc, I switched to firefox browser and still can't see the pics. Frankly, I'm baffled.

0 Likes

@SILHiker 

That is very strange indeed! Thanks for keeping us posted on what you're using and that clearing your cache didn't help. We'll pass that info along.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes