cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Is this Big Agnes fly zipper just wrong?

I just bought a Big Agnes "Copper Spur HV UL1 Bikepack" tent.  Setting it up for the first time, I love the design.  But, from everything I can tell from photos and videos about this tent, the main zipper on the fly should separate at the bottom so the fly can be opened onto two parts.

However, the little tabs at the bottom of the zipper are sewn into the hem of the fly.  See the attached picture.  Is this a manufacturing defect?

KimFly Zipper Problem.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies

Never mind... I figured it out.  The fly needs to be unzipped from the bottom to the top, to separate.  There is a double headed zipper on the main fly opening, which had me confused.  I had both heads zipped down to the bottom and, of course, it wouldn't separate.  When both heads are zipped to the top, it splits apart as expected.

0 Likes

Hi @KDRoss - Thanks for reaching out with this follow up. You were faster than we were at figuring it out!

We're glad to hear you have it sorted now. If someone else comes to the community with this question, we will show them your explanation.

Let us know if any other questions come up and we'll be happy to help!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes