cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Is it, or could it be, possible to pick the carrier for shipping?

Ok, so part of me hates to post this but the other part of me is a little concerned that I'm not gonna get my package in time for my trip.  Like probably everyone else on the planet, we order A LOT of mail order stuff and have noticed some carriers have "traits".  UPS and FedEx seem to be neck and neck speedwise and dependability wise.  UPS tends to be better at customer service when things go sideways.  The USPS is kindof trailing but, if you're supposed to get the package by noon on XYZ date, you'll probably get it.  If not, the customer service is a far cry from UPS or FedEx   DHL drivers around here are dangerous.  Last but not least is LaserShip.  I ordered on Sunday, the package was supposed to be here today.  I'm spoiled but, if it had been FedEx or UPS it would have been here yesterday.  If it had been USPS, it would have been here today.  But, it's LaserShip, so it  may be here tomorrow or it may be in Venezuela.  

Is there any way that we can choose shipping options?  I'd happily pay a little more to have a reliable shipping company.

I also found this article where someone else just doesn't seem happy with LaserShip.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes
2 Replies

@nathanu 

Thanks for reaching out, although we're sorry it is about concerns you have around items getting to you on time for your upcoming trip. We appreciate you providing feedback about our carriers, we will pass this feedback along to our teams for consideration. Unfortunately, we do not have the capability to allow customers to choose their carrier when making a purchase on REI.com or via the REI mobile app. That being said, if you make a purchase over the phone with our S&CS team (1-800-426-4840), they have the ability to manually select UPS as the carrier. While it won't help with your current order, it may be something you can take advantage of in the future.

Hopefully your package arrives on time, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

@REI-JohnJthat is perfect!  I prefer to go to the store but, if that's not an option for whatever reason (or if I'm just lazy), calling is not a problem especially if it means that I can pick UPS.  Thanks for the info!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes