cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Indoor Bike Trainer Recommendation

Hello, I'm looking to get an indoor bike trainer so I can continue to cycle inside this winter. I'm not interested in a "smart" trainer, but would like something that had changeable resistance. I'm a beginner so I don't need anything fancy, I would like to keep the purchase under $450. I would be using my road bike and would prefer the type of trainer where I do not need to take off my wheels and do not need to use a trainer tire. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply

@samanthabee16 Thanks for reaching out!

Indoor bike trainers have been a very popular product in the past few months and as the weather turns for the winter demand is likely to increase. All of that is to say, at this time we only have one indoor bike trainer that fits your criteria: the Tacx Flow Trainer. While you do not need a trainer tire for that trainer, a trainer tire can be good for reducing noise and decreasing wear on your tire. If you find yourself riding indoors with your trainer for 3-5 hours per week consistently, it may be a good investment to consider.

Additionally, we encourage you to check out this Expert Advice article, How to Choose an Indoor Bike Trainer, for lots of other good information.

Hopefully this helps, happy riding!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes