cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

I'm frustrated - why won't the 20% coupon apply correctly to the item I want?

I would love to use my 20% off on an REI OUTLET item and as far as I can read it meets the rules. So what’s up? It won’t allow the discount?? It’s a bike, ends in .73 and is in the outlet 

9 Replies

@Shelly Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry you are frustrated with your purchasing experience. There are certain items that are excluded from the coupon, and those items are excluded both on REI.com and the REI Outlet site. Unfortunately, bicycles are one of those excluded items. 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Then it shouldn’t end in .73! I missed the no bike part 😞

0 Likes

@Shelly we're really sorry for the confusion.

0 Likes

Same here, I keep trying to use it on clothes and it's not applying... not sure what I'm doing wrong!

0 Likes

@kbigelow8994 could you provide us with an example or two of clothing you are trying to apply the coupon on that aren't working? You can find exclusions on this year's member coupon and although clothing is typically included, there are some exclusions (like sale items). We hope this helps!

0 Likes

@kbigelow8994 thanks for the additional information! Both of those items are eligible for the coupon so a few things to doublecheck:

• You won't see the discount until you have proceeded to check-out and applied the coupon code (MEMBER21)
  • You'll need to make sure your co-op membership is accounted for as you check out, as the coupon is only for co-op members
  • The coupon is eligible on only 1 item from the REI Outlet, so you would only see the discount applied to one item if you have multiple in your cart

If you have checked all of these steps and are still not seeing the discount applied, unfortunately you'll need to connect with our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840 or via LiveChat. We hope this helps!

0 Likes

I don't think the coupon work on bike. If you have the coupon in hand, in the back did mention it.

0 Likes

@MikeT you are correct, bikes are excluded from the current member coupon.

0 Likes