cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How will my return be refunded during REI's store closure?

I bought a pair of chacos on or about march 6th....AFTER your stores closed i decided i did not like the fit well enough to keep them and could not return them to my local store. I do not have any return materials.  I can't get in touch with anyone at your 800 number as the wait times are tooooooo long. It states on your website that anything bought after the 15th would be accepted as a return but anything before would count as a store credit? This does not seem fair to me as if your stores had not closed i would have been able to return back on credit card. I hope you will have more leniency as this DOES NOT seem fair. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Hannah

0 Likes
1 Reply

How will my return be refunded during REI's store closure?

@Ladybug thanks for reaching out, and sorry for any confusion with information on our return policy. While our stores are closed, there are 2 ways to handle returns:

• You can wait until stores reopen and process your return then. For your purchase, you will have one year from the date you purchased (so, March 6th, 2021) to make this return - and no, we will not return this as store credit; it will be returned in the same way you purchased it. The only caveat is if you used your dividend, this will be refunded as a check.
  • If you cannot wait until our stores reopen, you can return your Chacos through the mail - instructions can be found here. These will be refunded in the same way as described above, noting that our timeline for processing returns is taking a bit longer than normal.

Hope this helps, and let us know if you have any additional questions!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes