cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How to clean a bivvy?

I’ve recently acquired a older ll bean bivvy that’s in rough shape...but I’d like to keep it as a viable option that won’t break the bank...I YouTubed “how to clean a bivvy” and didn’t come up with much...do I just treat it like a sleeping bag...nikwax on low in front loader the low in dryer? Any help would be appreciated...

1 Reply

@CaseyShannon Thanks for reaching out!

You're on the right track with treating it like a sleeping bag. Feel free to check out this Expert Advice article on How To Clean & Wash a Sleeping Bag. If your bivy is not insulated then you could treat it like you were washing a set of waterproof breathable jacket and pants. If your bivy is particularly dirty and you have concerns about mildew and stains, we recommend soaking it in a non-detergent based, enzymatic cleaner like Rockin' Green Platinum Series Activewear Detergent. As always, double check that any hook and loop fasteners are closed and zippers are zipped.

I hope this helps, best of luck!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes