cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

Re: How to check on potential defect of my Novara Afterburner

I've always wanted to try a single wheel child bike trailer.  I found an afterburner locally and brought it home.

Always suspicious of my child bicycle ways, my wife found the recall notice at the cspc

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2007/rei-recalls-childrens-trailer-bicycles-can-detach-from-adult-bicyc...

It looks like you had a fix for this item,  how would I know if that fix has been applied to the afterburner I have.  What is the fix?

Thank you for your insight.

Andrew

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hi Andrew,

There is a fix for the Afterburner units affected by this recall which can be performed in our stores. I would recommend having your Afterburner inspected by an REI Shop Technician before use. The inspection and necessary replacement of the parts affected by the recall will be free of charge even as a secondhand buyer, because your safety is our priority. If you are unable to visit one of our stores, please reach out to cyclinghelp@rei.com and we will work to find an alternative solution for you!

Happy Riding, 

Megan 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.