cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How to access 'REI Community - Other' board

Hi!

I just discovered or actually stumbled on a new section in REI Community called "Other" with apparently a heading for NPs.  I don't see a link to this section.  If I'd like to see the conversations under "Other", how do I find it?  I've poked around, but don't see it.

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside
0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi @Luv2Kayak - Thanks for asking this question! We're sorry finding this page has been a bit confusing. 

When you hover over Local Happenings on the header of all Conversations pages, you can click 'All Locations' to go to a page that lists all of our location boards. At the bottom right of this page, under the 'Other' section, you can click on 'National Parks & Forests', which will take you to that board. That is currently the sole category within the 'Other' group.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 4.22.32 PM.pngIf you're willing to share, can you explain more about what steps you took and where things didn't meet up? We would like to look into that to make sure things are as clear as possible. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions on this!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks for the help @REI-CarterC 

The Local Happenings dropdown lists a bunch of cities etc and I guess I never clicked All Locations to see that longer list.  None of the other sections such as Activities or Outdoor Life have a link in the dropdown that opens a larger list but instead all the links take you to conversations.  I made the assumption that All Locations was a conglomeration of the locations shown in the drop down.  If it were me making the links, I'd've put National Parks as a link directly in the drop down without the intervening steps.  I'm wondering if this "hidden" location contributes to the low and slow rate of response to many of the conversation topics in that section?  There are lots of National Park questions found in the Activity section and those have lots of responses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside
0 Likes

Hi @Luv2Kayak - Thanks for this follow up. We are always searching for ways for our site to be more user friendly and this is helpful feedback. 

National Parks & Forests is listed in the homepage All Locations dropdown menu, but it sounds like it doesn't stand out enough to be noticeable. Our team is actively thinking about ways to improve users' experience our locations boards and this insight is good for us to have. 

Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes