cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: How does REI refund a dividend?

Hi - not a biggie but in Feb I ordered a snowboard back using dividend and payment (about 50/50 split) but returned the bag since ski areas were closed for CV19 before my trip. I just received a refund check for the cash part (about $50) but don't see a 'refund' or credit rather of the dividend in my account. Do dividends just disappear if you refund an item? Seems like they are just in-house 'cash' in a sense. I've never returned an item I used dividend for, but I'd think it would just re-credit. I realize this is not a good time to be worrying about what I'm getting or not from REI and hell - I'd be happy to just donate that to an employees fund to help them out if that's possible, but was just wondering.  Can't wait for things to get back to normal for everyone. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Malamutte thanks for asking! When you return an item that you used your dividend to purchase, we don't reload your dividend but instead refund it to you as cash or credit card refund (if you process the return in a local store) or a check to be deposited with your bank (if you process the return via mail). If, for any reason, you feel you weren't refunded properly, please connect with our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840 or via LiveChat; they can look at all the details on your account!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
2 Replies

@Malamutte thanks for asking! When you return an item that you used your dividend to purchase, we don't reload your dividend but instead refund it to you as cash or credit card refund (if you process the return in a local store) or a check to be deposited with your bank (if you process the return via mail). If, for any reason, you feel you weren't refunded properly, please connect with our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840 or via LiveChat; they can look at all the details on your account!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thx so much - will just call. K