cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: How do I return an online purchase while REI stores are closed?

Hi.  I ordered and received an on-line  Advanced Elements inflatable kayak.  I have never used it and have decided I will not be needing the kayak.  What is the best way to return the kayak?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Steve1956 thanks for reaching out! While our stores are temporarily closed, you have 2 options for returning an item:

• You can hang on to the kayak until your local store reopens and is accepting returns. We have extended our return policy to ensure our closures don't affect your ability to make a return; although we don't have a specific timeline yet to share for store reopenings, updates will be posted to our local store pages as soon as we have them.
  • You can process a return through the mail, although with the size and weight of an inflatable kayak, this will likely be quite expensive. 

We apologize for any inconvenience our store closures have caused and appreciate your patience as we work through this unprecedented situation.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.