cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How do I replace a broken REI Bike Wheel?

Hi,

I need to buy a replacement front wheel for my REI CoOp CTY 1.1.  I didn't see a replacement wheel available online and I wanted to make sure I purchased the right size.  I believe its a 700/40 with disc brakes, but I'm having difficulty finding a replacement.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you,

Sam

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hi @samuel327 ! Thanks for reaching out about sourcing a new front wheel for your CTY 1.1. Did something happen to your wheel that isn't repairable? Given that our retail stores are currently closed due to the spread of COVID-19, we are doing some additional research for you. We will reply shortly with more info/options so you can get rolling. 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes

The straps for my bike rack broke and my bike fell off the back of my car.  Thankfully, just the front wheel was damaged aside from some scratches.  The wheel is pretty badly bent and i don't think its repairable.

Hey @samuel327 !

Sorry about your wheel! In terms of replacement options, I've identified a few front wheel replacements from Rei.com, there is no "direct" replacement available but any wheel that fits the below specs will be compatible. Also, right now with the there is free shipping from orders on the website.

You'll need to put your old tire/tube & rotor on the wheel when it arrives, but after that you'll be up and running again!

The specs for that wheel are 700x40, Quick Release, with a 6 bolt rotor so any wheel that checks those boxes will work.

There is a Shimano Deore/Sun Disc MTB 29er Front Wheel found here. 

This one is a slightly wider rim than what was on there previous, however it should work just fine, the tire will just sit slightly differently on the rim

Hope that helps!

Take care,

J

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thank you so much for the information and the recommendation.  

Sam

0 Likes