cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How do I heat mold my Osprey hip belt?

Purchased an Osprey Aether Pro 70 (REI mail order).  Stores closed, can't come in to fit (heat mold) the belt.  Can I go ahead and use it and come in to get heat molded when the stores open again?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Hey @Albert  - stoked you got yourself a new Osprey pack! That new Pro is awesome!  There are a few options for you!  You can certainly come into the store and custom shape the hipbelt once we reopen. You can also 'break it in at home'.  Load up the pack, wear it for short bursts of time. The belt will slowly mold to your shape over time.  You can do this with or without the hipbelt attached to the pack.  Are you gearing up for an epic trip?  Hopefully it's as awesome as that new pack you have. Enjoy!

And if you are itching for some other great backpacking resources, check out our expert advice!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Boy, that was quick.  Thank you.  Got a bunch of REI gift cards for my birthday (70th) and used them for much needed upgrades.  

@Albert Happy Birthday to you sir!  I would certainly say the Aether Pro is an upgrade. Great choice and happy trails!

Why is it that every REI I call, no one is running their ovens or even offering the service? One person I spoke with said that they have not done that in all three years that shes been working there. Why does REI continue to say they offer this service but clearly they do not?

0 Likes

@aniki 

Thanks for reaching out and we apologize that you are having a frustrating experience. There could be many factors that come in to play in regards to the Osprey oven at your local REI store and whether an employee working that day knows how to use it. We encourage you to reach out to your store and inquire with the manager of the backpack department to see when someone will be working who can operate the oven and get your backpack fitted for you.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

0 Likes