cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How do I handle a warranty issue during REI's store closures?

How do you go about warrantying an item if all store locations are closed?

I have a Thule roof box I purchased last year that has cracked on the bottom how do I go about remedying that through REI.com?

Thank you!

- SailS

0 Likes
2 Replies

@SailS due to the size of a roof box, this will be a difficult situation to handle while our stores are closed and if at all possible, we would highly recommend waiting until your local store has reopened. Many of our stores reopened over the last 2 weeks and we anticipate a large number of additional stores will reopen in the next 2 weeks. With that said, if you cannot wait and you believe the damage to your roof box is not due to wear and tear and wasn't caused by an accident, and would therefore be covered by our return policy, you can call our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840 to discuss options for the return.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@SailS although we don't know which store you normally shop, we did have another big group of stores reopen nationwide today for in-store shopping and returns. You can always check your store's local page for the most current information on hours of operation and services.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes