cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: How do I get a refund of my dividend for an online order that is canceled (i.e. not a return)

I ordered an item online for in-store pick up and paid partially using my dividend from the last year. But then decided to cancel the order before receiving it. So this is not a return. I got a cancellation confirmation email from REI, but my online account shows still $0 dividend (so it's not reloaded).

I talked to the staff and was told that I should get back my dividend but I am not sure how. Would someone educate me how this works?

0 Likes
2 Replies

@drinkingkazu 

Thanks for reaching out!

If you used your Co-op Member Reward on an order and then cancelled that order, your Co-op Member Reward will be refunded in a check mailed to you. If you have further questions about your Co-op Member Reward or your cancelled order, please reach out to our Sales and Customer Service team at 1-800-426-4840 or via Live Chat.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

@drinkingkazu adding just a few more details:

• This year we issued both a Member Reward and a dividend (for purchases made with an REI Mastercard) - both will be refunded via a check in the scenario you describe above (cancellation of an order)
  • Your online balance (Member Reward or dividend) will not show as reloaded online because the balance will have been sent to you via check

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.