cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How do I fit boots during shutdown?

After 10+ years of good use, my boots finally hit the dust. What unfortunate timing! With beautiful spring weather, and my kids out of school, we plan to do some social distancing in the woods. I went back and forth about whether I should visit the retail store or not during this time...and found the decision has already been made for me. Kudos, REI!

So my question is, how can I find a good pair of boots without trying them on in the store? My feet have a wide toe box and a narrow heel, and are infamously hard to fit. Buying online is not usually an option for me. I wear barefoot shoes most of the time, but need something a little more robust for the rocky terrain in our part of the county. Nothing else in my shoe collection will work for the activities we have planned...I need hiking boots! Any tips for shopping online? Thanks so much for your assistance!

0 Likes
12 Replies

Ha!

Duct tape sounds like an excellent addition to any pack. It sure would have come in handy that day, and might even have saved my shoe! For the record, I did pack it out. No “lost soles” on my account!

I wrap my duck tape around my hiking poles, that way I always have some in case of a quick repair.