cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How do I become a Day Tours Guide for Rei Co-op

Hi my name is Carson Garvey and I am wondering how to become a day tour guide. I am 17, in love with the outdoors and all that comes with it, and an avid mountain biker/hiker. Backpack guiding is a career I'm very interested in pursuing and I'm wondering how to begin the process of being employed as one.

-Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Carson_Garvey 

It's great to meet you Carson!

Thanks for reaching out, it's exciting to hear about your enthusiasm for the outdoors! There are a couple of options for you to get more information:

• To start, go to our Outdoor School home page. Hover of the 'FAQs and Resources' tab at the top and you'll see 'Jobs with the REI Outdoor School' in the drop down. If you click on that it will take you to the REI Jobs portal. There is a green button that says 'Apply Now' on the top bar, when you click that it will take you to the main search page. At the bottom of the search options you'll see 'Job Function', open the drop down menu and select 'Outdoor Education'. Click search and it will show you all the jobs currently open for one of those positions (right now it only looks like there is one posted in Massachusetts). Feel free to read through the job description and qualifications to give you good idea of what we are looking for from our candidates.
  • While in the jobs portal, fill out a profile and sign up for alerts for jobs in the area of your interest.
  • Lastly, you can find the contact information for your local REI Outdoor School here. They may have some other resources or information for you.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes