cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How can I tell if an REI survey is valid?

I received an email about a survey.  Is this from REI?   

Thank you for being a member of the REI Co-op. Being part of a very large outdoor community, the Co-op is focused on understanding the issues that are most important to our members.  

We know your time is valuable, and as a token of our appreciation, eligible respondents who qualify and complete the online survey can enter a sweepstakes for the chance to win one of five (5) $100 cash prizes.

Follow this link to the Survey:

Content (survey link) removed by moderator.

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:

Content (survey URL) removed by moderator.

0 Likes
7 Replies

@Canoecat thanks for doublechecking this with us - yes, this is a valid survey from REI (we verified the URL before removing it, and the link, from your post!). Let us know if you have additional questions!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks, I was only concerned because the link was for a different website URL than REI. 

0 Likes

@Canoecat very understandable - we appreciate you checking in. We'll pass your feedback along to our research team, in case there's any way to change the URL.

0 Likes

Is this your survey? I was stupid enough to have already clicked upon it!  Now, I regret clicking on this link without FIRST checking to see if it is valid.

Here is part of email with links:

Thank you for being a member of the REI Co-op. Being part of a very large outdoor community, the Co-op is focused on understanding the issues that are most important to our members.  

We know your time is valuable, and as a token of our appreciation, eligible respondents who qualify and complete the online survey can enter a sweepstakes for the chance to win one of five (5) $100 cash prizes.

Follow this link to the Survey:

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:

We know you take your privacy seriously. And the Co-op does too. So, rest assured that no individual data will be identified or distributed at any point during this process.  

0 Likes

@DDG Thanks for checking in!

Yes, that is a survey from REI, we confirmed the URL before removing it from your post. Please let us know if you have additional questions!

0 Likes

I got a message from Hall & Partners today with the REI Survey subject line.  When I open it in my Thunderbird email client, there is no content, and for some reason the survey has disappeared from my online Gmail Inbox, too.  It's not archived, in Trash, or in All Mail.  Seems like a pretty sketchy way to commuicate with someone who's been a member since 1991.  I guess I'll have to forgo the chance to win something.

0 Likes

@AngryAlaskan 

Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry that you were unable to open the survey. We did confirm with our team that it was a survey from REI, however, we are unsure why it was not visible to you. It could be that the survey closed since you received and opened the invitation, but that seems unlikely given that you just got the email today. We have passed your experience along to the team so they are aware.

Thanks and have a great day!

0 Likes