cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How can I get the Delta 14 Kayak in color that REI doesn't carry?

I want to know why REI doesn't offer the azure blue Delta 14 kayak.  To my knowledge, they only order the green and yellow color.  My wife and I want to get two of these kayaks early in 2022.  She wants the green one, but I want a blue one.  I've been told that there's no way to get a special color ordered.  I don't get that at all.

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Raazor 

Thanks for reaching out!

You are correct that the two models that REI has chosen to carry in 2022 are the green and yellow ones. There are occasions when you can order items directly from the vendor that are outside of REI's assortment, that process is called a 'special order'. A special order can only be processed at an REI store and is dependent on the vendor in terms of what they allow to be purchased via that process, what timelines are, how long shipping and processing takes, and many other variables. During the past year, many vendors, including REI, have had to deal with many manufacturing and supply chain issues. One of the results is that some of our vendors are limiting their special orders. It sounds like that may be the case with special orders from Delta kayaks at this time. If you'd like to reach out to Delta Kayaks directly to find out where you can purchase a blue model of the Delta 14, you can find their contact information here.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes