cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hiking in Greece

I’m thinking of going on the Greek Islamd Hopper Womens trip but wondering if I can manage the hiking numerous miles a day.  My sister and I went on another women’s hiking trip to Machu Pichu (not REI) this past year and the elevation there really did me in along with the straight up and down of the hikes.  I am in good psysical shape, exercise daily, hike and bike occasionally  ,  power walking 4 miles with hills about 3-4 times a week being one of them so think I can but keep remembering Peru and how I felt.  I know the elevation wouldn’t be 12,000 like Peru but wondering how grueling the hikes are in Greece.  Looking for feedback, thanks! 

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Kat thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately it will be hard for us to say if you'll be able to manage the hiking numerous miles per day on the Greek Island Hopper trip because we don't really know you! Two suggestions:

1. Pose this question on the Adventure Travel board where others in the community may be able to give you advice or weigh in with their personal experience
  2. Call our REI Adventures team at (800) 622-2236 and ask their advice! They are the most knowledgeable about all of our Adventures trips and can also then ask you a number of questions about yourself to determine if that specific trip would be a good fit for you

Hope that helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes