cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Help with "Co-op Members" section

Hello,

Is anyone else (who is a co-op member) getting an "access denied" banner when clicking the "Co-op Members section" link? It's a bit perplexing, as I am signed in, under my number.

"Faith, it's an uncertain world entirely."
Errol Flynn as Peter Blood in Captain Blood.
8 Replies

Yes, same here. I already have my member number linked to my account, so not sure why it's not working.

0 Likes

Hi @Rogueknits - Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry you're having trouble getting into the member section. It looks like your member account isn't attached to your profile yet. When your REI number is linked, you should get a green box next to your username that says "Co-op Member", as seen with @emmline's account. 

The steps to connect your membership account are as follows:

• On REI.com, click on “Sign in” and enter your email address and password; if you are already signed in, click on “My Account” instead 
  • Once you are signed in, click on “My account,” then click “Link your REI member number” 
  • On the next page, enter your member number (or use the look-up tool if you don’t know it)
  • Make sure you use the same e-mail to sign into this community as you used on your REI.com account

If you go through these steps and it continues to not work, let us know and we will help you get access. Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hi @Rogueknits -- in my case the problem went away when I logged into the forum using the Safari, rather than the Chrome browser. Not sure why. Just one of those computer things, where a reset makes a glitchy issue straighten itself out.

"Faith, it's an uncertain world entirely."
Errol Flynn as Peter Blood in Captain Blood.

Hi @emmline - Thanks for reaching out! We're happy you have joined the community and sorry to hear you're having trouble with access to the member section. We're going to send you a direct message to help you get this sorted out! 

0 Likes

If anyone is having a hard time seeing the Co-op Member section but is confident your member number is attached to your online REI account, try signing out and signing back in. This seems to be working for some, and triggers the member badge, member role and access to the member-only section!

0 Likes

> try signing out and signing back in

That worked for me (Chrome 88 on macOS Big Sur). Thanks!

Hello. I am having this issue too and have tried all of the suggestions (logging in and out), using Safari, etc. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes

@CoMcC 

Thanks for reaching out, we're sorry this process isn't working smoothly for you.

Based on what we can see, your membership is linked to your account just fine. You have the 'Co-op Member' icon next to your username and you have the Co-op Member badge on your profile. We will follow up with you via direct message to see if we can help troubleshoot.

Thanks!

0 Likes