cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hammock size question

I am 5'8" tall and weight 142lbs and recently ordered a ENO single nest hammock and was told by a fellow hiker I should have ordered the ENO double nest and that I will probably find the single nest to small.  What do you think?  I have not received the hammock from REI yet and have not been able to set it up to try it out.

1 Reply

@rfradette Thanks for reaching out!

The only difference between the DoubleNest and the SingleNest is the amount of fabric across the hammock, allowing the DoubleNest to be wider by 19" and thus accommodate two people laying down. If you plan on being in the hammock by yourself, the DoubleNest will give you a little more flexibility with the additional fabric (allowing you to 'wrap' yourself up a little more with higher walls, 'cocoon' style), but other than that you won't notice much difference. One drawback to the DoubleNest is that fabric can bunch up on the sides and make it a little more challenging to get in and out of or sit on sideways 'couch-style'.

You should be fine with the SingleNest if you're looking for a solo hammock for camping and backpacking (or just setting up in the backyard). There are lots of reviews of the SingleNest from folks who are taller and heavier than you that really enjoy that hammock. When your hammock is delivered go ahead and set it up and try it out. If you're planning on taking it backpacking then set it up with all your gear and see if you are comfortable. Any day you have an excuse to product test gear by taking a nap is a good day!

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes