cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Grant opps

I am searching for funding opportunities for our local river school here in Austin.  Texas River School provides outdoor education for under privileged youth via guided canoe trips on the Lower Colorado River east of Austin.  I have surfed your web site but can't find the link to apply for this sort of thing.  Can you point me on a correct heading?

thanks in advance

jesse

0 Likes
1 Reply

@JPorter, thanks for thinking of us as you look for ways to support the Texas River School. As you may already know, each year, the co-op invests in local, regional, and national nonprofits throughout the country. At the very local level, our outdoor programs and outreach teams work with local store managers to identify partners that we invite to apply for grants. Applications are evaluated according to the applicant’s ability to steward urban and wild places where our members recreate, and/or increase access to the outdoors for historically under represented communities in the United States. If your organization is interested in applying for a local grant, please contact your local REI store. To learn more about REI’s fight for life outdoors, please visit our Stewardship Report.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes