cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Grand Hut 6 Pole Exchange

The curved part of the pole structure for my Grand Hut 6 snapped. Can I get an exchange for it under the warranty? Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hi @Fradikaca - Thanks for reaching out, though we're sorry it's because your pole has snapped. 

Our return policy does not cover wear and tear or damage caused by accidents. While you didn't share how your pole snapped, if it was due to an accident it would not be covered as part of our guarantee. If you do believe your tent pole snapped for another reason and is covered under our return policy, you can bring it to your local REI or reach out to our Customer Support Team at 1 (800) 426-4840or via Live Chat to discuss further options.

With that in mind, we work with a company called Tent Pole Technologies for tent repair, including pole repair/replacement. They should be able to help you get the piece(s) you are looking for. 

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks, I’ve contacted Tentpole Technologies, and will proceed from there.

0 Likes

I grabbed a Kingdom 4 last year at the garage sale with a few bent pole sections, and Tent Pole Tech replaced them quickly and for a good bit less than I was prepared to pay. Great company.

Thanks. I’ve been corresponding with Tent Technologies, but haven’t been able to get a price quote for what they’ll do, other than I’ll have to pay for shipping and return shipping of the broken tent pole structure. That alone will cost $60, so I don’t know if the total cost with repair will be cost effective. 

0 Likes