cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Ghost SLAMR 2.9. Wheel bering for front suspension Fork

Hello there;

I bought my bike (model Ghost SLAMR 2.9) in the Tigard store and I shipped it to Seoul. While I was assemblling it I broke the bottom wheel bearing (big one) that goes in the head tube front suspension (fork).

I would like to know if this item is for sell and how I can order it online.

Thanks

Tanis 

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hey @Yombol!

It sounds like you need a new lower headset bearing, but please reference the picture I've attached to make sure we are on the same page.  I would recommend consulting with a local bike shop to be sure, but hopefully the rest of my post below will help.BAA1172-e1552673034417.jpg

Headset bearings can be difficult to figure out what the right size is for your bike, and unfortunately REI does not have them available to purchase online.  The SLAMR 2.9 uses a Zero Stack lower bearing, and its size should be 56/40, where 56mm is the width of the cup, and 40mm is the internal width of the bearing.  The actual bearing should measure 52mm externally.This headset is commonly referenced as "ZS56/40".  

Cane Creek is a great headset manufacturer, and their Forty Series is available for a decent price.  They also sell bearings individually, the bearing used for this headset is listed as "40-Series Zinc-Coated Steel Cartridge Bearing – 36 x 45 Degree – 52mm – BAA1132" under their Parts & Accessories page.

Happy riding!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.