cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Funny Business with Yeti Coolers on REI.com

Yesterday was the last day with the 20% off for members at REI.  I thought I would buy a Yeti cooler with my discount, but lo and behold, no Yeti coolers were available for online purchase.  Then this morning March 30, a miracle occurs.  The Yeti coolers are back!   This funny business is not a coincidence:  Yeti has vigorously fought any discounting of their overpriced products.  I am pretty sure that the Yeti rep convinced REI to drop the coolers, and lost my business in the process.   Or it could be an internet glitch...anyway, I did not get my cooler and REI lost my business.   I was an REI customer since 1972...very low member number.  But I don't like getting jerked around.

3 Replies

@PapaJ 

Thank you for reaching out.

We are sorry that you are frustrated about your experience. Unfortunately, we temporarily sold out of Yeti hard sided coolers early on in the coupon event that started on 3/19. Between a historic number of people wanting to get outside during the pandemic and international supply delays, we are experiencing occasional gaps like this in our inventory. We recognize this is not ideal and apologize for the frustration these outages cause. The arrival of additional inventory and the coupon event ending was simply a result of the timing of the delivery. If you have questions or would like to speak with one of our customer service agents about making a purchase, you can reach our Sales and Customer Service team at 1-800-426-4840 or via Live Chat

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@REI-JohnJwhy does REI not, under these circumstances, not just list items as out of stock instead of removing them form the site.  It would also be helpful, if REI knows that more are coming in, even if the arrival date isn't firm, to allow members to purchase items as back-orders.  Many other sites/stores allow that.  Listing items as out of stock instead of removing them would also clarify for members what the situation really is (even if you don't allow backordering).  Just a thought/suggestion.

0 Likes

@Luv2Kayak 

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestions, we have passed your feedback along. Due to the unpredictable nature of inventory supply at this time, we have temporarily restricted the ability to backorder items that are out of stock. Our Co-op Help Center has published some FAQs about backorders and preorders if you would like to read more. 

Thanks again for your feedback and for being a part of our community!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes