Highlighted

Free shipping during store shut down

I have two store pickup items already on order. One to be picked up this coming Wednesday wanted to be picked up next Saturday. Is it possible to change those to be delivered to my home address?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted

@will110256 unfortunately we are not able to change the method of delivery once orders have been processed. With that said, our local store teams will be working to contact all customers who have packages that have already arrived in the store and arranging for alternate pick-up options on Mon and Tue of this week. This option will only apply to packages that have already arrived, not those that are in transit, and we are asking that folks wait to be contacted by our store teams. If you would like to discuss your specific situation further, please contact our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840. Thank you.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Works for me. Don't need either item asap and have absolutely no reason to leave the house, probably for a year. I just got my visa to leave for St. Petersburg, Russia 4/22 to be with the love of my life. Obviously, that trip is in jeopardy.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @REI-JenK ,

This is regarding orders for in-store pickup that are in transit. Just to be clear; if an order was scheduled to be delivered during the shutdown (Saturday, 3/21 in my case), should I assume it's still "in transit" and continue to wait to be contacted by my local store's team? I assume there will be a backlog this Saturday (3/27), so I don't expect to be contacted until a few days after re-opening.

Thanks for all of your helpful advice during these... interesting... times!

-DBuck

Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@DBuck in general, we intend for those orders that were 'in transit' when we closed our stores to still be received in our local stores, as soon as we're able to reopen. With that said, there are always exceptions to individual orders so we would recommend connecting with our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840 to chat about your specific order. Sorry we aren't able to provide more specifics here in the community.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@DBuck 

We wanted to update you that REI has made the difficult decision to extend our store closures until further notice. You can read more here and find answers to other frequently asked questions here. We thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility during these unprecedented times.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@will110256,

We wanted to update you that REI has made the difficult decision to extend our store closures until further notice. You can read more here and find answers to other frequently asked questions here. We thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility during these unprecedented times.

0 Likes