cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Finding shoes that I can wear all day

Hello,

I need to find shoes that will give me good back support.  I have had the Torrent Plush recommended and also the Hoko Bondi and Hoko Clifton.  I wear a pair of Under Armor shoes that I have had for several years.  I purchased a 2nd pair of Under Armour over a year ago, and they do not fit right.  I have a low back issue and need something that will cushion my feet and support my back.

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Likes
2 Replies

Salomon are great - They are best with a narrow foot.

0 Likes

@SarahD apologies that we haven't yet jumped in with a response to your question. It would be helpful to know what kind of surface you're standing/moving around on all day - is it concrete or more of a trail/uneven surface? This will matter for the type of sole you pick in your shoe. Here are a few thoughts:

• Hokas are definitely seen has having some of the best comfort/cushion, so this is a brand we'd recommend trying. We carry a bunch of models, some designed for trails, others for pavement.
  • Some folks really love Danskos for all-day wear (these are often a go-to for nurses) - although, they are not cushioned in the way a Hoka or running shoe will be, the rocker base (of the clog) combined with good arch support can actually really help.
  • Adding insoles to a pair of good running shoes can make a big difference as well for long days on your feet - we'd recommend an insole with some arch support and some additional cushioning, like the Superfeet Berry All-Purpose.

Because footwear is so personalized, you might consider a free Virtual Outfitting appointment or stopping by your local REI store for help!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes