cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Feedback on the REI poll I just received

I just received a poll from REI Research asking me what issues are most important to me.  Climate change wasn't even on the list. This was so startling and upsetting that it took my breath away. I couldn't pick any of the available answers so I didn't finish it.  How can a company that equips people to enjoy the great outdoors not care about climate change enough to EVEN PUT IT ON THE LIST?  What???????????

0 Likes
3 Replies

@rhorei hmmm, we're wondering if perhaps you quit the survey before you saw the option for climate change as it's definitely included in the survey, just on the second page of issues that we ask for feedback on (as you can see in the snapshot below). We're sorry for the confusion it caused to have climate change on the second page and hope that you might choose to complete the survey!

REI-JenK_0-1595620837965.png

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Hi again--

Thank you so much for getting right back to me. Unfortunately I can't get back into the survey to look at this in relation to the first page, but I remember looking at it a couple of times and thinking I had to prioritize one of these other issues in order to even get to the next page.  So I couldn't check any box because this crisis touches and amplifies probably everything on that first page list.  If I could look at the whole survey again I could really respond better.  But at first glance it looks like you've definitely put climate change in a secondary tier of solely "environmental issues."  This is ignorant at best, truly scary if those who created this survey really don't get the enormity of the existential crisis we're in. Either way every company, and especially an outdoors company has to do better. I would be so grateful if you could pass my comments on to whoever makes these decisions. It's so important for our future! 

0 Likes

@rhorei we will pass your suggestion along to move the question on climate change earlier in the survey however please know that the order in which we presented issues in the survey does not reflect how we prioritize the issues; we are instead looking to collect feedback on how our members are feeling about a wide host of issues. If you're interested, here's a link to our Stewardship Report, where you might find some great information on the commitments and actions the co-op has taken, and continues to take, around sustainability and the environment.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes