cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Feedback on external product reviews on REI.com

Shopping for powerbanks today and I was drawn to the Otter Box models of 20,000 mAh, 15,000 mAh, and 10,000 mAh.  Scanning the comments section for each model, I noticed that Darreis Evans, d-metal- 1, and Tbag had each posted their same, identical comment for each model.  These were noted as having been originally posted on ooterbox.com

Maybe I am suspicious and paranoid, but I suspect that those are false positive reviews and not meaningful affirmative statements.  I suggest that they should clutter up your fine site no more.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi @hikermor - Thank you for pointing this out to us. We have forwarded your feedback to our digital team so they can review the comments in question.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hi @hikermor - Thank you for surfacing this issue! I manage our User Generated Content program (which includes ratings and reviews) and am going to work with Otterbox to check into these reviews.  All of our reviews go through a moderation process that does look for fraud, and usually we catch issues like this. This specific issue looks to be a duplication error because Otterbox has a single page for all versions of the Power Banks, while at REI we have them on their own, separate product pages. I'm working with our teams to fix this. Thanks again and happy adventuring!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes

Glad to be of service and thank you for responding....

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes